Acquity UPLC Systems
Brought out in 2004, the Waters Acquity UPLC system pioneered ultra-precision liquid chromatography, with sub-2-micron columns and advanced instrumentation & fluidics modules.
Offering higher sensitivity whilst increasing analytical speed, Waters then introduced their 'H' Class in 2010, aimed at easing the transition from traditional HPLC methods. Incorporating quaternary pumping & the addition of 'Flow-through needle' (FTN) technology, users achieve UPLC performance and its benefits without fundamentally modifying workflows.
Key benefits of the standard Acquity UPLC Range
- Modules include:
- Sample Organiser (SO)
- Column Manager (CM-A)
- Heater/Chiller (CH-A / CH-30A)
- Binary Solvent Manager (BSM)
- Isocratic Solvent Manager (ISM)
- Sample Manager (SM)
- A range of detectors: Diode Array Detector (PDA), Extendable Diode Array (eλPDA), Fluorescence Detector (FLR), UV Detector (TUV), Evaporative Light Scattering Detector (ELSD), Refractive Index Detector (RID)
- Easy HPLC to UPLC method conversion with the Acquity UPLC console calculator
- Support for existing HPLC methods
- Chemistries and formats to suit specific analytical tasks, including Acquity UPLC 1.7 µm columns, VanGuard pre-columns or Acquity UPLC HSS and HSS T3 1.8 µm columns
- Easily compatible with third-party MS solutions (ABI/MDS SCIEX, Bruker Daltonics, and Thermo Fisher Scientific)
H-Class - Quaternary based UltraPerformance
In order to achieve true UPLC performance, system dispersion needs to be matched to the peak widths in narrowbore columns packed with sub-2µm particles. Just because systems are designed for high pressure applications, they are not necessarily designed to deliver the sharp peaks associated with true UPLC performance: Acquity UPLC H-Class technology solves this.
Key features of H-Class
- Flexibility of multi-solvent blending with the Quaternary Solvent Manager (QSM)
- High-precision injections with direct inject sampling Autosampler with Flow Through Needle (SM-FTN)
- Accurate temperature control across the entire column, 1 to 6 columns
- Low-dispersion detection capabilities with a wide range of detectors that have been optimised for true UPLC performance
- Supported in Empower, Masslynx, UNIFI, and several 3rd party software packages